Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Friday, October 24, 2008

Carving Pumpkins!!

This year with help of friends I've really been getting into the Halloween Spirit. I am so excited for it this year and just can't wait to dress up, take Paige out to do a little bit of trick or treating, and just having fun with friends/family. Since I was in the Halloween Spirit, I decided I wanted to carve some pumpkins. I've only carved pumpkins a few times before when I was little so it'd been a really long time. Josh wouldn't carve with me so I invited my friend Karalee and her little girl Kaylee to come over and carve pumpkins and let the little girls play together. Paige loves it when Kaylee comes over. She follows her around everywhere and tries to climb all over her, while Kaylee just sits there wondering what's going on and would much rather be left alone. But as the kids get older I know they're gonna be real fun playing buddies. Anyway, back to the carving. Because Karalee and I aren't pros we cheated and used the trace along patterns you can get when you buy the carving tools. We only got one pumkin each finished while we were together, but it was so much fun. Then later last night and this morning I finished my other two pumpkins. I made one for Josh, one for Me, and one for Paige. I think they turned out really cute and it was so much fun carving them. I can't wait to do it again next year! Maybe next year I'll do something more creative!

12 comments:

The Stylers said...

how fun!!! I love carving pumpkins!!! We need to carv some! I'm hoping that we can come to the Halloween party! I'm thinkin trev wants to go shoot tho,so we'll see!

Mike & Traci said...

Nice job!! Carving pumpkins are fun but sure is alot of work :) Also that post of Paige below is pretty funny!! I can't wait to see what she does next ;)

Karalee Ann said...

Your other pumpkins are so cute! The little one is way cute! Nice job!

TYLER & NICOLE JOHNSON said...

Hey Amber!! Love the pics! Your little girl is such a cutie, and the pumpkins look super good!! :)That’s crazy you guys went to the BYU game too, we were at that same game!…too bad we didn’t see ya there!! Also I got your other message and I will email you those pictures of you guys on the jet ski! You should have Josh take in your memory card of pictures from Puerto Rico to Patty, she is making a huge mix of all the pics for everyone!

Savannah said...

We're carving pumpkins for FHE tomorrow night, and I can hardly wait! They look great!

Blake and Annie Nielson said...

Your pumpkins are so fun! I love that you have two big ones then a small one for Paige. Its so cute. I've never done the stencil ones and they turned out awesome:) And Monday is totally cool to come chill and finish planning:) I have to pick up my niece at 9 so if we could come over around 6 or 7 that would be cool too. just text me or whatever. Later!

Linds said...

Your pumpkins are really cute! I think you SHOULD go pro! :)

Candice said...

Great job with the pumpkins!

squiresclan said...

Nice job sis! We carved a bunch of pumpkins last year because we had like hmmm i think 13 from our garden. Well i ended up carving 5 of them i think, because the kids would start then be over it so i had to finish, so well this year i decided to skip the carving my fingers couldn't take it again haha Maybe we'll try again next year and hopefully the kids will finish thier own!

Cassie Mickelsen said...

Those are impressive pumpkins! I always want to carve pumpkins too and Lorin won't do it with me either. Maybe next year. Paige is just so darling. She is such a tiny little thing.

squiresclan said...

Hey i just wanted to let you know that if you want me on your list showing when i update my blog like the others on there, you can go to edit your list and remove me from it and then readd me and it will come up in that format. Figured i'd let ya know if you'd like to lol

squiresclan said...

ok disreguard last post just heard from traci it don't work i guess cuz my page is private. I didn't realize that cuz i swear some of the ppl i have are private as well hmmmmm who knows lol