Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

What I'm up to now..........

P90X

Well those of you who have been fans of my blog for awhile may remember me doing the program Body for Life. It was and is a great program and works really well. But I failed in completing the program. It is a 12 week program that you start over and over for the rest of your life basicly. It's not just a diet it's changing your whole life style. Well I made it 6 weeks and lost 6.6lbs and some good inches. Since that time I gained about 1-2lbs back, but I'm ready to break it and lose this extra weight that I've been holding onto since I had Paige. I wish I had one of those bodies that went back to a perfect girly figure after giving birth, but I don't and have to really work for it. But I'm really ready to reach my goals, but this time around Josh and I are taking on a new program called P90X. I'm sure some of you have seen their infomercial. Josh and I don't have our gym memberships anymore so we needed something we could do at home. And I really like doing videos so when Josh introduced me to it, I was up for it. But man what was I getting myself into. These videos and workouts are tough. Pretty simple, but a killer! As for our diet plan we're not following their exact plan, but sticking with more of the Body for Life plan. Mostly I make all our meals from out of the Body for Life cookbook. Today I had a BLT Wrap for lunch! It was really good, but don't be fooled I didn't use real bacon. I used Turkey Bacon. I'll admit this was my first Turkey Bacon attempt, but suprisingly, it was delish! And when your cooking it, it smells and fills up the room with the real bacon smell! Last night we had a breakfast meal for dinner, but it was really good. It was a ham and cheese cassorale. This is a 4 servings recipe. All you do is get a 9x13 pan, pour the cubed hashbrowns to cover the bottom. Top with some onions and cut up ham. Then you mix together 1 1/4 cup of egg subsitute (I used Egg Beaters) with 1/2 of skim (well we used 1%) milk. Beat it with a spoon or whisk till well mixed. Then you pour that over the top of hashbrowns and ham. Then top with some reduced fat cheese. And then bake in the oven at 325 degrees for 40-50min. (until eggs are firm and top is lightly golden brown). I will admit when I was looking at the finished product and having used egg subsitutes for the first time I was really scared and kind of nervous to eat it. But suprisingly again it was DELISHIOUS! I think I'll tag it as one of my favorite meals!!! Paige loved it as well so that's a bonus! So anyway, I'm excited for this new challange! Wish me luck and in 90 days I will be a new me!


You are looking at the future Mr. and Mrs. Hammond : ) !!!





P.S. Paige went to Nursery all by herself for the very first time last Sunday and LOVED it! She didn't even notice or care that we were gone! She's such a big girl! Also, the week before a little boy in our ward her age gave her a big wet one! It's alreay starting!

10 comments:

The Stylers said...

Amber Your such an awesome role model!!! I need to be more like you and be committed to working out and just being healthy! I try for a day then give up......my bad!
O and tell Paige that I am so proud of her!
We all need to get together sometime, we haven't hung out in SO long!

The Oswalds said...

Congrats on taking on P90X, I'm impressed. I have Slim in 6 and as you can tell it totally worked for me (in my dreams I look totally hot!). I even took the "before" picture but it's just depresses me now because I look better then! I think they have great products it's just that you have to use them--and I suck! I'm excited to see your success. :)

Clint, Brielle, Molly and Maggie said...

Nice Job- I wish I had your ambition, we are gonna start with the bike and see what happens. That is cute Paige went to Nursery, I am in Nursery so MOlly already goes, but if I leave her in there shes not too happy! Once I am not in there we will see what happens.

Mike & Traci said...

Good luck!!! I'm sure soon I will be wishing I had done it too :(

Brittney said...

Wow, I'm excited to see the results with this program! Tell me how it is and I'll totally do it! That is so sweet that Paige gets to go to Nursery! She's such a cutie I'm not surprised she got kissed!!! :) You rock Amber!

Lacy said...

I've heard great things about P90X; I've seen Jer (and Troy) do some of the workouts and it looks killer! Good luck with it! I also use turkey burger and bacon, it's healthier and tastes pretty good too! Congrats to Paige for enjoying nursery, Troy was all for it from the get-go. I was glad I didn't have to worry about him crying in there the whole time!

Analee said...

This is Josh the 2nd. I'm on my second week of P90x. Just thought I'd say that I support you guys in this. It's amazing. I haven't felt this sore for a long time. (just finished another plyometric workout today...)
I thought I was cool with my 15 pull-ups in a row til I see homeboy on the video bust out like 25...
I will beat him one day...

Blake and Annie Nielson said...

Thats awesome you guys are doing that together! It helps to have someone push you. You need to post more recipes that are sucessful and delicious! I'm always wanting to try something yummy and good for you! We really should hang out sometime too! we keep saying that haha! hope to see you guys soon!

Savannah said...

Good luck! I really need to pick up a workout routine. You'll have to keep us all updated on how it goes!

Good job, Paige! I wish my girls had just gone into Nursery like that! It took us a few weeks of coaxing before they'd happily go!

Krebs Krib said...

Hey girly! How are you!? I haven't talked to you in forever! It sounds like your doing great! Just thought I would say hello. We need to get together with Karalee and hang out. Josh and I got p90X also, but haven't tried it out yet. My sista in law has done it and says it's tough workouts baby! Good to see whats going on in your life, take care! Love, Tara