A few days after being home with our new addition we had to take landen back to the doctor to get the beliribbon (sp?) test done and unfortunately they diagnosed baby landen with jaundice. So he got to have his own personalized little tanning bed in our home for a few days (atleast that's what josh liked to call it). It wasn't fun for us to have him under the lights all day cause all we wanted to do was hold him and cuddle him, but landen seemed to not mind the lights. Infact I think he rather enjoyed it! He would just sleep or if he was awake (as long as he was changed and fed) he would just let his little eyes wonder. I'm very happy he atleast didn't mind being in the lights, it made things a lot easier! After day one in the lights he dropped to a 15, then he was 13.8, then 13.2 by sunday. So once sunday came around we got to return the lights and cuddle the little boy because he was no longer in the danger zone. We took him in again last monday to make sure it wasn't going back up and he was still in the 13's. So still doing good and no lights required. When we took him in that first day for his first check up so also found his weight dropped to 5lb 15oz, so he almost lost a full pound, but he's gaining it back, as of last thursday he was up to 6lb 4oz. That was the day of his circumcision, poor little guy. I don't see how they used to not numb boys for that, it looks very painful! But after the numb shot Landen was a trooper and even fell asleep during the surgery. How? I do not know!
Over that weekend we also had some company. Landens Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Tanner came to visit! I'm so glad my grandpa was feeling well enough to come to my house to see his new great grandson! It was special having him there, it was also his first time to see our house even though they only live in washington not to far from us. We actually live off the same road just opposite ends! I love you grandma and grandpa Tanner!
The whole first week of landens life I also had a lot of great help from family! My wonderful mother who was my great support through the whole delivery stayed the night with us the first night we were home from the hospital, then wednesday my sister Traci flew down to spend time with me (well mostly she just cared about spending time with landen, haha jk). And she stayed the night with me wed and thurs night, till her husband arrived on friday, then they stayed the rest of the weekend at my parents, but were still at my house all weekend to help me out! I have to Thank Traci so much for flying down and staying with me! She was a huge help and great support! And it was fun just having her here! So I was sad when Sunday came around and she had to go.

When Monday arrived it was my first day completely alone with my two kids, this pic was taken as a result to the end of that first day!
All of us exhausted! But I do have to admit, the kids have both been really good and are making this transition pretty easy for me! I'm so lucky and blessed to have two amazing kids!
Now on to some comparison pictures. For the last two weeks, Josh and I have been trying to figure our who Landen looks like and if he looked like Paige at all. So I was looking at some of Paige's pics and basicly what I found is they both have the same nose and possibly same lips. But different eyes, different color or hair and landen definately has more of it. So they do look more alike then I thought though.
Next I just have some of my favorite pics from the last week. Which is week 2 of Landens life! His looks are already starting to change a little bit! He's such a handsome guy!
Landen watching TV with dad, I thought it was funny!
And Paige still loves her little brother!
I love this pic below, it looks like his showing me his amputated hand haha!
So yesterday I'm given Landen a bath and I hear Paige yellin, "Mom I did it, I did it" Finally I make it into her to see what she did excactly and that's what I discovered. She proudly got herself in her doll stroller. And yes it was hard gettin her out.
And now for a long over due thank you! I wanted to give a shout out "Thanks" to my friend Shelley for being so darn sweet and throwing a baby shower for me! It was a week before Landen came and me at 38weeks, but I was just to slow to get any pics up!
So I threw in these last couple of pics, this is me at 36 1/2 weeks (day before I had paige) at my baby shower for her. Look how horrendous I look. I definatly looked and felt much much better with the second pregnancy.
* Click on the pictures to make them bigger and easier to see!




































6 comments:
I'm so glad y our posting so many pictures i soooooo cannot wait to get down there and see him!!! I love the pic of you 3 asleep in the chair that is too funny! And guess what i finally updated my blog haha
cute pictures!! He looks like such a sweetheart. I love the picture of the three of you sleeping after your first day on your own. That's awesome. Glad things are going well and that Landen is healthy!
He is so adorable! I love his hair and you look great! I love the picture of all of you sleeping in the chair, it's definitely exhausting but so worth it!
Glad he's been such a healthy, good baby for you guys! Tell Ms. Paige she is doing a great job at being a big sister :)
He is So stinkin' cute! I love all of his hair! We really need to get together so our boys can form their friendship haha! Koleman is going to look like a giant next to Landen I'm afraid. haha He's so little!!!
He is so adorable! Comparing Paige's baby pictures with him you can definitely see some similarities! You'll have to e-mail me that picture of us at your baby shower.
Post a Comment