Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Monday, December 22, 2008

Paige's first 2 steps and Gingerbread Houses!

Yesterday afternoon after church and Paige's nap my mom came over to have dinner with us alone because my little brother and dad went up to Idaho. So we were hanging out together and playing with Paige when Paige was actually trying to walk on her own. So we were working on her walking with her and this is a video clip of us catching her first two steps all by herself. It may not be as exciting to most of you, but Paige has had no desire to do any of this on her own. We would work with her like this and she would just fall forward or get mad and sit down. So to see her actually taking a couple of steps and be happy about it was exciting for me! So hopefully she'll keep it up and be walking in no time!



Then Sunday night we went over to our friends Trevor and Lashel's and made Gingerbread houses! We had so much fun! Josh and Trevor being the boys they are made their gingerbread house together with their own creativity. Then Lashel and I each made our own by following the directions and copy catting the picture on the box! And I have to say that worked out great for us! My gingerbread house came on to a rough start though, I put my house sideways on the tray and had to fix it, but then after fixing that I put one side of my roof on upside down, and had melting mints on the roof because I had to wash the frosting off them when I was fixing the direction of my house. I was getting frosting everywhere. But once I got past the structure of the house the decorating came easy and was a lot of fun! And Paige was such a good girl the whole time we were there. She just sat on the floor and played and didn't get into really anything. I was so proud of her and happy for that! She made the night even more enjoyable! I wanna Thank Lashel for the fun idea and inviting us over! This was my first year to really ever make a gingerbread house and I had a fun time doing it the easy way! Here's some pics from our fun!

Paige being so good while we make our houses!!

11 comments:

Cory and Karen said...

It is always exciting to watch those first steps. She is so cute! Hey, is it just me or does that cookie have boobs? We hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!

Candice said...

Congratulations! I love it.

By the way, I have a Christmas card for you, but at the last moment I did not send it. The address that I got from my Mom's address book was for an apt. I remember that you had moved. Let me know if you want it (with your address) or if you would just like us to email you the Merriest of Christmas wishes!

The Oswalds said...

She's darling! I hate to break it to you, but I think that was more a "fall" than walking--but I could be wrong, and she was definately enthusiastic. :) I bet when she does start walking you'll wish she wasn't! We missed you last night but really enjoyed having your dad and Tyson up here. I hope they got home okay, the weather is awful up here! We will have a white Christmas for sure. Love ya, Renae

squiresclan said...

yeah for paige! before you know it she'll be running!

and i saw the same thing how well "endowed" the boys gingerlady was and mr bug eyes. boys hahaha

Josh and Amber said...

Ranae, she had 2 good steps in there, but yes the other was more like falling. But it's her first walk to Josh that she has the two good steps. And she had a couple others before that that were better, but I didn't catch them on camera. So yes what you saw suprisingly enough is a huge improvement.

And yes the boys blessed their gingerlady with being well "endowed" and yes the boy gingerman has big googly eyes. On the side of the roof they named their house G-Club (gentlemens club) I was hesitant to crop out their house, but I was hoping no one would notice. I guess I was wrong on that! lol! But yes sometimes boys will be boys.

Lacy said...

Don't worry Amber, a step is a step (now I see were Jer gets it from, RENAE!) Your houses turned out great, we used a kit and our frosting gave us a lot of crap but it's fun huh!

Mike & Traci said...

Yeah for Paige!!! It's going to be so fun watching her walk around...when she is...becuase she just so small & cute of course!!

Also nice job on the ginger bread houses...also i like how you didn't add what Josh made but I could see some of the creations in the pic that you told me about...what boys!

Also The pics below are really cute too :)

Vicki said...

Those first steps are so exciting! In no time at all you'll be wishing she never learned. Just kidding! I can't believe how big she is getting.
I love the gingerbread houses. Looks like a lot of fun!

Brittney said...

Woohoo for Paige!! What a cutie! And such proud moments for you guys! Now she will off and you will be wishing she was just your little baby again! What fun times!

{ Lana Cox } said...

First steps are so exciting! Congrats Paige. You guys did awesome with the gingerbread houses.

Nicole Stucki said...

Love the gingerbread houses. I think I'm the only one who didn't make one of these things this year! Oh well next year. And Woo Hoo for Paige. I love it. She is such a cutie pie. I'm waiting for Sadie to walk. I think we will have a little while.