Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Holiday Traditions and this last weeks FUN!

For what I thought may not be a big Christmas this year, came a fun filled Christmas! I loved every moment of the Christmas Holiday. For warning this post is gonna be filled with lots of fun and lots of pics (for those in my family, and friends that visit my sister Traci's blog, you'll notice my post will be much the same with a few things added and same pics, we worked on the scrap blog pages together while I was at her house, but she was much faster at publishing her post then I have been.) But for those of who that are seeing these pics for the first time...enjoy!!

We started off our Holiday fun with making Danish Pastry with my Grandma Tanner on Christmas Eve. It's tradition in our family to make this danish pastry every year on Christmas Eve. And it was so nice to have Grandma here with us teaching us how to make this delicious danish so that we can carry on this traditions with our own families. Josh is in love with my Grandma's Danish Pastry, and since we only make it at Christmas time, he anticipates it and get's so excited when we make it! Below are some pics of our masterpieces and Traci and I pulling fun and having fun taking pictures with my Grandma not even being aware. We showed her the pics afterwards and she got a good laugh out of it with is. She is such a good sport and I love her so much! She is always making us laugh! I love you Grandma!

Then of course that evening after our family Christmas Party with the Walkers (that are living in St. George, wish we could of had all of them) We opened our Christmas Eve presents, which are always our pajama's! I look forward to this every year. I love getting new pj's I can lounge around in.


And then after we open all our pj's, of course it's tradition to take pictures in front of the Christmas Tree!!! We messed up this year and forgot to take silly/goofy pictures in front of the tree, Traci where were you on that one!?!?! But we all look great and love the pj's! Thanks mom!

Next, is of course Christmas morning!! We had such a great Christmas and Josh completely suprised me this year. For those of you who don't know, I've been hinting to Josh and wanting a Hall Entry Table for my entry way for quite awhile. Well I thought it was never gonna happen. But Josh suprised me with the black hall table you see in the picture below. I absolutely love it! It's perfect and looks so great in the spot I wanted it! Now, I just need to get some decorations on it. Also, in the pic to the left of the table, I'm looking at the picture of my table on the camera (because we had christmas at my parents house, so that's how Josh gave me my present), but I didn't post the true picture I was looking at at that moment. For those of you who really know my husband, know he's a little crazy. In the pic I'm looking at he's posing next to my table with his back facing me, looking over his shoulder with a suprise look on his face, and wearing nothing, but some pink boy cut panties I have. So yeah I'm sure you can use your imagination on that one.

I won't talk about the rest of the presents, but you can just see some of the pics! Paige had a really good Christmas. She still wasn't into much of the opening of presents, but she did enjoy her gifts!

Next is a scrapblog of some random pics and fun we had. My parents and Tyson got Aerosmith Guitar Hero for the Wii, and my mom got addicted. She made us laugh everytime she was playing because of the faces she would make! We love you mom! My mom, sister Traci, and I also got to go get pedicures done! It was so nice and definately needed!! And mike and traci helped out a lot on Paige's walking. And she has improved a TON!! She can walk by her self for quite awhile, but still comes to us to help her stand back up. But I'll post a video when she's really got it down!!

Next is a couple of pics that my sister Traci took that I thought were really cute. This first one is Paige and my sister's doggy Mylo. Him and Paige became such good friends, and this picture represented how much these two are mommy girls. My mom and brother witnessed that when we went outside Mylo and Paige came up to the window and both winned for their mommies! It was to cute! So my little brother snapped a shot!


Next, my sister Traci talked me into go up to Pleasant Grove with her and her husband and stay for a few days. So Paige and I went up with her Sunday, then Josh came up on Wednesday, we celebrated New Years Eve, and then drove back home on New Years Day. Well my sister caught this shot of me and Paige on the way up to Pleasant Grove. Apparently we were both very tired!

I decided to add on to this post some pics that I thought were cute from Paige and I's stay with Mike and Traci. One of Paige's favorite things to do is open and close doors. So it was really funny when I caught Paige trying to shut her Aunt Traci in the pantry along with her accompise (sp?) Mylo. Then when Aunt Traci got out Paige crawled into the pantry with Mylo right behind her. It was cute. Then as a fun craft project while I was there Traci and I decided to make a board that we could hang our Stockings on next year. They turned out so cute and we made them for a spanking deal!! We ended up getting both pieces of wood for FREE at Home Depot, from there scraps section, and they turned out perfect!!!

Ok, your finially to the last section of pictures (sorry there are so many, I took millions and it was hard to select just a few). I didn't really need to add these pics, but I thought they were just to stinking cute. Traci made these chocolate covered rice crispy treats for her neighbors and had some left over, and they were SO delicious!!! Well Josh was eating one and then let Paige nibble on some, and I have to say she enjoyed it as well. Yummy yummy!!


Well that's it for now, I hope all had Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!!

9 comments:

The Stylers said...

How fun! I love all of your cute pics!!! I'm so glad you guys had such an awesome Christmas!!!
Thanks so much for having us over last night, it was a BLAST!!!! We're just way to cool! haha

squiresclan said...

awww i love reading all about christmas, really wish we could of been there too! But now that the kids are getting older i think in the next couple years i gonna talk to scott about coming down there for christmas, plus i have never made danish pastry and i need to learn how i haven't had it since the last christmas here before you guys moved :(.
Oh and i will get pics of the bows and send to you thanks for reminding me i had forgot. And i do think they like the clothes, least i know i really like them. I know kayla plans on wearing the purple/black shirt on her bday friday. Speaking of pics i still need you and traci to send me some of mom and dad's gift and video if you have it! love ya!!

squiresclan said...

ohhhhh i almost forgot i wanted to add...........now who took the picture of josh in the pink panties??? hahahahaha What a goof!

Mike & Traci said...

Well Jennie...I wish I could say I didn't know but when Mike & Josh are together...Crazy & scary things happen!!

Well, Amber I don't think I need to comment to much on your post since we pretty much did it together but the pics at the bottom w/ paige and the chocolate rice krispy are soo cute!!!!

Glad you could come!! Now i can't wait to use our stocking holders!!!

Lacy said...

I love that idea for the stocking holders; we throw ours on the back of the couch since we don't have a chimney; good thinkin girls! I love the pic of the babes lookin out the window at their mommies! We're glad you had a fun holiday season!

Brittney said...

Ok, where to start... I had something to comment on every scrap page! So let me look back at all of them! The danish thing is an awesome traition! YOur g. ma looks like a ton of fun! I love where you are pretending to smack her bum! :)Your family has really fun traditions! Also, HILARIOUS about the picture your husband gave you of your present! I'm glad tho that they are YOUR underwear and not his! Your aprons are way cute! Really creative! Getting pedicures is so much fun! Especially with your sisters and mom! Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas! It's great to see so many pictures! Posts just aren't right without them!:)

Cory and Karen said...

Loved the pictures! Especially the ones with Grandma Tanner. She is a funny lady. That stocking holder is a great idea. We were trying to find a spot other than the couch to put our stockings and now I might just have to steal your idea for this year. Hope you don't mind :).

Rachel said...

So, if I am in town next year I want to learn how to make the Danish as well. It was so good!

I loved all your pics they are adorable and look like you had so much fun. Thanks for sharing.

Karalee Ann said...

It looks like you guys had a fun Christmas!! Your pictures are way cute!