I can hardly believe Paige is already 16months old! She's growing out of being my little baby and growing to be such a toddler. She has been doing that for awhile now, but now that she is finially starting to get the walking thing down she just seems so much older! Yesterday, I took her in for her check up, I was supposed to take her in at 15 months, but with holidays and being so busy I kind of procrastinated on getting her appointment set up. So instead I got her in at 16 months. So for her update.......she is 22.4lbs and 29 3/4 inches. Putting her in just under 50% in weight and 25% in hieght for her age group. She is truly going to be a shorty just like her mom, she grew a total of 1 inch in 4months. The doctor just said, "We won't plan on her being very tall." haha! Then Paige had to get more shots and the flu shot, and I swear the shots get worse as this kids get older. It was so sad. She had to get three different shots and usually there are two girls there so that she gets poked all at the same time, but this time there was only one girl, so I had to hold her down while the girl poked her three different times. Her cry and tears made me so sad, but I didn't mind her snuggling up to me afterwards. Also, for those who don't know, Paige has pretty bad exzema. I dunno where she got it from, but it's always appearing on her somewhere. Well recently it's shown up all up and down her legs, and the last couple of days has looked so bad. All the vacaline I was rubben on her legs, just wasn't enough. But the doctor informed me to give her an oatmeal bath (not the oatmeal you eat), and now I have hydrocrodozone 2.5%, vacaline, Alphador, and another cream. I tell you what, she was very greased up last night! But thankfully as a result her legs are already looking 50 x's better. So hopefully with in the next few days it'll clear up completely! But now if it appears else where, I think I'm fully prepared to take it on!!
Now, enough with that stuff, here is a video clip of Paige walking! It is much improvement from the last video clip I displayed (as Ranae said she looked more like she was just falling haha!). She can now walk quite a long ways on her own, but still falls a lot and isn't completely confident in herself, but she's getting better all the time. She can't stand up on her own yet, so when she falls down she seems to always think she needs my finger to help her up, so I'm now working on getting her to realize she can do it on her own!Some of Paige's New Things:
1- New Words:
-"Sauce" (apple sauce)
-"Doggy" (she's been saying puppy for awhile, but now added doggy)-"Thhank ew" (Thank You)
-"Bye Bye Da Da" (I took josh to work yesterday morning and told her to say bye bye to daddy and she waved goodbye and said "bye bye da da" it was the cutest thing ever!!)-"Two, Thee" (I'm trying to teach her how to count one through three and with her fingers. And it's so funny cause I'll say "One" (wanting her to repeat it, but instead she does the sign for one) then say's "Two" then when I say two she say's "thee" (three).
-"Yes" - I love it when she say's "Yes"! When she's hungry I'll ask her if she wants fruit and I'll show it to her and she smiles and say's "Yesss"-"Map" (she got that from "Dora the Explorer", she also say's "Dora" and still loves Dora to bits!)
And there are probably more that I can't think of right now, but those are her newest!2- Paige is still the Happiest little girl and we have lots of fun and enjoy making her laugh and smile, but she is also beginning the stage of short tantrums. She listens very well when we say "No" and sometimes will obey with no fuss, but other times, like when she's tired, or mad, she still obeys the command (which is great), but turns and throws her arms up in the air and say's "NO" as she's tossing her body about while whinning/crying. Sometimes it makes me want to laugh, other times when I'm not in the mood for it and she's throwing lots of little tantrums over and over again, I just have to take a deep breathe and recollect myself and know that it could be worse and probably will get worse as she gets older.
3-She's giving me another challenge. For the last couple of months I've been trying to slowly convert her to the sippee cup, but it's not going well for me. When she see's other kids and her friends' she'll try to take theres and is interested in it, but when it comes to her own she's interested for 2.2 seconds and then doesn't want it. She can drink out of them (but sometimes she's got it turned around wrong and then just gets frustrated and gives up). And she really likes drinking out of straws, but she just won't convert. So mom's, if you have any suggestions for me, please let me know!!4-She LOVES:
-Talking, even if it's mostly just jibber jabber-Other little kids
-Bathtime-Books
-Her stuffed Monkey and her baby-"Dora"and "Diego"
-And her new found love "Walking." She gets a kick out of it and thinks it's funny, especially when she's walking towards someone and they're watching her!I love this little girl and couldn't imagine my life without her right now! She brings a lot of joy, a lot of trial, and a lot of fun!







10 comments:
She is a total pro @ the walking thing- I would consider her a full on walker now, even if she falls here and there and can't get up herself yet. She was cruisin- She looks so tiny to me, maybe thats because MOlly is gigantic(although she has started slimming down:( o well right) I have been thinking about the wheening of the bottle to the sippee, but havnt committed to it. MOlly only has a bottle right when she wakes up and then at nap and bed time so its not that often. I can't believe how many real words Paige says, MOlly it seems doesnt say to many, maybe its just the 2 month difference??? She is darling and gets cuter and cuter.
I was also going to tell you- Much like paige I get exzema and have ever since I was little, and sometimes it flares UP
more than others- When molly was just new she had a rash on the back of her head and sure enough she had it too, but only gets in on the back of her head- Her doctor just told me to get Cortizone 10 for her head and it worked. She doesnt get it very often though. Isnt it the dumbest rash and just a neusance(sp)
she is gettin so big so fast! She may be tiny but she's bigger then jasmine lol At Jazz's 18 month check up she only weighed in at 20 lbs 12 oz, i forget the inches, but i do remember she only falls in about the 33% for height and weight. But personally i like little babies and toddlers they are so much easier to carry around :)
As for the sippy cup, what we did with jasmine (i'll use her since was most recent) When it was time we bought some cups and packed up all the bottles and put them away. It can make for a couple of days of many tantrums, crying, and rejecting of the cup while she waits for you to get her bottle. But if you can make it through a couple days she'll get to the point that she realizes ok i'm thirsty and if i want a drink this is all i got and the bottle will be forgotten. Each kid is different on how upset they get and how long it takes for acceptance but in my experience it's always worked within a cpl days, Kayla was my only exception she absolutely refused to use a sippy so she went straight from the bottle to the cup at around 19 months i think it was.
Yea! She has got the walking down. Lucas was a late crawler and walker and now at almost 15 months he still falls down a lot. Sometimes he would rather crawl than fall. As for the sippy cup, Lucas still prefers his bottle, even though he can drink out of a regular cup. I don't know how to break him of his middle of the night bottle. If I offer him anything other than his "baba" he just screams and cries at me. He does like the sippy cups with the straws for daytime use and when we are at the dinner table he uses a regular cup. He doesn't even spill too much. Morgan was a totally different story and went from a bottle to a sippy to a cup without too much crying. Every kid is different and my kids are total opposites. Good luck with the bottles and let me know how it goes so I can work on my little boy. Oh, before I forget, what do you use for the oatmeal bath? Morgan has the worst eczema and I have tried every kind of lotion and even some prescriptions, but nothing seems to make her skin better. Sometimes she cries because no matter how much lotion and cream I put on her, her skin still is red and hurts her. Let me know about the oatmeal so I can try it out. Thanks!
Paige is a doll! I love that she was flying with her arms while walking! And she has gotten really good since her first few steps not long ago!
I go to a playgroup/mommy time class twice a week and though Troy would take anything we put in front of him, other Mom's whose kids had issues with sippy cups recommend the Nuby sippy. There's different ones that go according your babies age. Or, have you tried taking the valve out (if possible)? Since she'll drink from a straw they also make sippys that are straw style and you could shove the straw through the valve (I did that with one of Troys once he outgrew the valve age.) Anyways, good luck!
You made me step back and see how Sarah is progressing with this wonderful entry.
Paige still has those gorgeous Tanner eyes.
Love the post!! I love how much she loves her shadow!! It was so funny to come home when you were here and she mike playing with her and letting her play with her shadow. too cute!!
No advice for the sippy cup think but it looks like you already got some great advice :)
Aww, she's the cutest thing ever!!! Hey I started a 2004 RHS blog. I added your blog if you don't mind. If you want give me your email and I can add you as an author and you can write something about your family if you would like!
Now, that is what I call walking! Sorry about the eczema, I wonder if all kids have it at sometime or another looking at the posts. Jake had it as a baby too and fortunately, he outgrew it. His daddy has it now but we blame it on the hot tub and dry Idaho air. paige is a doll and it's so fun seeing her grow via your blog. :) Renae
That so cool she is walking now!! We'll have to get together and let our girls play.
Post a Comment