So when I was up in Salt Lake for my birthday my sister Traci took me to a boutique (sp?) that was going on in her club house and let me pick out a present for myself! Which was of course fun and so sweet of her (Thanks Traci). And I saw this little leaf frame and decided it would be a good thing to hang up on my ever so bare wall in our living room. And my sister hinted that I could paint the frame black to go with my living room (it was orginally a more cream color). So I did just that and painted it black. Then I got the idea to add onto it to help fill up that big blank space even more. And this is what I came up with!
I hope you guys think it looks alright. I'm not very good at measuring things and hanging them on the wall so they look perfect. But I think I did a pretty good job. And it was fun and easy and I finished it all under $10. (that's counting everything but the leaf frame) So that makes it even better. I got the wooden frames for $1 a piece at Micheals and painted them black. And the middle frame is a mirror with a wooden frame that I also got from Micheals, it was like $2.99 I think. And then the ribbon was a couple of dollars. So I think I did pretty good. It's just so nice to get more decor in our living room. It's been pretty bare and boring for a long time.
Next, I would really like to make some curtions......Mom?!?!?!? :)







7 comments:
WOW that looks amazing!!! Good idea! I love it! Now come help me at my house :)
Looks great!!! I love decorations! Our living room is bare too! I think it looks great! I really like the black!
That is so cute, you did a great job. I've been meaning to do a similar project, but who knows when I'll get to mine!
Amber that is awesome!!! So why is it you and Traci got the craftiness gene and i didn't??? I am so not creative although i really wish i could be *sigh* but for now i have to find things other people have made and use them wich reminds me i found the 3 cutest craft things that match my house perfectly at the DI for get this 4.50 for all three i was stoked i'll have to show you when you come up!
Looks good! Home decorating is fun but also drives me crazy trying to make sure everything matches and is balanced, just the right size, good price, and I have to like it! You're project turned out great!
You did an awesome job. It turned out darling. I love it!
Hey question???/ WHere did you take your lil bros senior pictures. We need a good spot for family pics
they look great by the way.
Post a Comment