This last weekend we had a Hammond Family Reunion at Lagoons Campground. It was SO much fun!! Everyone was there except for one sibling and one neice's family, so it was so fun to see and be with everyone. Josh's family is huge so it's hard to always see everyone at one time, but I always love getting together with them. Josh and I drove up Thursday and stayed at my sister Traci's house and Paige and I went with her and my mom to my old friends we
dding reception where we ate yummy cheesecake (pictures at the bottom). Then friday morning we drove to Lagoon and met with Josh's family. The very first "ride" Josh decided to do was the Sky Coaster. Josh wanted me to do it with him, but I said "NO WAY" and to my luck my brother in-laws Jake and Brent wanted to ride with him. So off they went. Josh said it was awesome and I think his favorite ride
of the day. He also did the Catapult (the picture to the right isn't them, but that's the catapult ride). This thing just fling shots you into the air and this thing spins, it's crazy. Josh bought the DVD of him and his brother Brent in it, and it's pretty funny. My favorite rides were Blast Off and Wicked. I was so scared to get on Wicked and thought I was gonna pee my pants, but I ended up LoViNg it! (even though it gave me cotton mouth). Another one of Josh's and I's favorite was Dinosaur Drop in Kiddieland. That ride was awesome! It was like a mini Re-Entry, cause you still were lifted like 40ft in the air and the drop still gives you the same feeling. Paige was to small to go on it, so Josh and I took my neice Ashtyn on it. Josh went on it a few times because it was so fun! haha! This was Paige's first Lagoon or any theme park ride experience and I think over all she had a lot of fun. It was hard to tell if she liked a ride or not because she would always have this same straight expression. But I think her actual favorites were the bumper cars and the boat ride that just goes around in circles. She liked to hold the wheels and ring the bell. It was the funnest and cutest thing watching her ride all the kiddie rides with her neices Ashtyn and Rylee. They were so cute and so much fun!! Since Josh and I spent the day in Kiddieland, our brother in-law Brent offered to help watch the kids so us adults could enjoy some adult rides that evening. Paige ended up having a hard time going to sleep (first time to ever atempt camping with her) so Josh went back to the camp site and let me ride some more rides with my neice Kayla (in the pic with me below), since I let him go off and ride some rides earlier that day with his brother. So it was fun having Kayla as a riding companion, we were able to get a lot of rides in before we had to head back to camp. The lines at Lagoon were hardly bad at all, so it was a Gr-8 day!! Here's some pics from our time at Lagoon.
dding reception where we ate yummy cheesecake (pictures at the bottom). Then friday morning we drove to Lagoon and met with Josh's family. The very first "ride" Josh decided to do was the Sky Coaster. Josh wanted me to do it with him, but I said "NO WAY" and to my luck my brother in-laws Jake and Brent wanted to ride with him. So off they went. Josh said it was awesome and I think his favorite ride
of the day. He also did the Catapult (the picture to the right isn't them, but that's the catapult ride). This thing just fling shots you into the air and this thing spins, it's crazy. Josh bought the DVD of him and his brother Brent in it, and it's pretty funny. My favorite rides were Blast Off and Wicked. I was so scared to get on Wicked and thought I was gonna pee my pants, but I ended up LoViNg it! (even though it gave me cotton mouth). Another one of Josh's and I's favorite was Dinosaur Drop in Kiddieland. That ride was awesome! It was like a mini Re-Entry, cause you still were lifted like 40ft in the air and the drop still gives you the same feeling. Paige was to small to go on it, so Josh and I took my neice Ashtyn on it. Josh went on it a few times because it was so fun! haha! This was Paige's first Lagoon or any theme park ride experience and I think over all she had a lot of fun. It was hard to tell if she liked a ride or not because she would always have this same straight expression. But I think her actual favorites were the bumper cars and the boat ride that just goes around in circles. She liked to hold the wheels and ring the bell. It was the funnest and cutest thing watching her ride all the kiddie rides with her neices Ashtyn and Rylee. They were so cute and so much fun!! Since Josh and I spent the day in Kiddieland, our brother in-law Brent offered to help watch the kids so us adults could enjoy some adult rides that evening. Paige ended up having a hard time going to sleep (first time to ever atempt camping with her) so Josh went back to the camp site and let me ride some more rides with my neice Kayla (in the pic with me below), since I let him go off and ride some rides earlier that day with his brother. So it was fun having Kayla as a riding companion, we were able to get a lot of rides in before we had to head back to camp. The lines at Lagoon were hardly bad at all, so it was a Gr-8 day!! Here's some pics from our time at Lagoon.Then since Friday was Lagoon day, Saturday was family day, where we stayed at camp and talked and played games and let the kids do crafts. My favorite activity we ended up doing was making a family movie called "The Camp" or something close to that. We got our inspiration from "The Office". Lots of us are big Office fans!! So Josh, brother in-law Kirk, and sister in-law Rachel wrote our script and directed and filmed the movie. My brother in-law has a real nice camera and LoVeS doing short films and things like that. So even though we had a blast filming our movie, we won't be able to watch it till we all get together for Christmas in December. It's gonna be a long wait, but we wanted to wait till we were all together again to watch it for the first time! So it'll be well worth it! There's some pics below of our filming, and you may notice a pic of Josh were is looks like he has baby poop on his face, but it's actually peanut butter. Cause in the movie he gets a peanut butter sandwhich thrown at his face. It's hilarious, I can't wait to see it in the film. haha! Thinking about it right now makes me laugh. Another fun game we did at camp was you pin an Alkaselser (sp?) that's stuck on a card to your back and you get a water gun then you try to spray the other peoples Alka. so it desolves and falls of their card and you try to keep yours dry, or alive. I'm proud to say I won!! out of the ladies! Then with it being so hot we had a lot of water dumpig going on. So a couple of people got soaked! But all in all it was a great family reunion and a lot of fun. Paige did better camping then I thought she would. The first night was rough with our air mattress deflating and we were basicly sleeping on the ground and Paige was every where, but the second night we stayed a float and Paige mostly stayed in her own bed area.
The last scrapblog is from pics at my sister's house. Traci and Mike were SO generous enough to babysit our doggy Molly (in heat and all). So thank you thank you thank you to them! And they graciously fed us dinner on Sunday before we drove the long ride home. You guys are the greatest! I'm also glad we got to see them and spend some time with them again. And it was fun coincidentaly having my parents there too!









6 comments:
What a fun family reuinion!! I hear ya about the wicked, last year when i went on it for the first time i think my stomach dropped to my toes waiting in line i was sooo nervous but it was so much fun!
And heck ya to the dino drop!! It may be a kids ride but it is superfun! Last year and this last trip to lagoon we all went on that many many times, it is one of Kennas favorites cuz it makes a "tickle in her tummy" she loves it!
Next year we should seriously try and all meet up at lagoon together, the whole fam, it would be a blast!
Thanks for squeezing us into your weekend of fun :)!!! And a MANY thanks for Molly's Diaper!!! haha!! See ya in a couple weeks!
Looks like you guys had a blast!! Glad you had fun!! I'm glad Paige did good for you too, I don't think I would be so lucky...
I love Lagoon! I haven't been in forever. Ok we need to get to together and hang out :)
I love Lagoon! Looks like they have added new rides since I have been there last. What a fun family get together! I'm glad Paige did okay with camping. It can be really hard for the little ones,I know it was for mine.
I haven't blogged in a month! I loved seeing all the fun updates of your family. You're so good at scrapbooking everything! You're kids are going to be so lucky to have everything documented! :)
Post a Comment