This 4th of July, I was hoping to make it up to Idaho Falls with the rest of my family, but with our closing date constantly changing and thinking we'de be moved in by now the Idaho plans got set aside. But it was ok because we got to spend the day with some of Josh's family and we had a really fun day. It started off with us all driving to Zions National Park so we could go wade in the river. Which we were all looking forward too because it was such a hot day, but as we enter Zions we notice it's crazy busy, and you had to ride the shuttles into the park, which we also noticed were jam packed. So we started walking towards the park and find a spot for the river, but to our suprise the water is chocolate brown. It was very dirty and gross and didn't look wade able. One of the park people radio'd in and found out it was the same in the park. So we decided to head back to our cars and go back to St. George and enjoy the clean water in the pool at my sister in-law Tirsah's house. And I'm so glad we did. It was a lot of fun and Paige loved their pool and water slide. Josh had a whole lotta fun on the waterslideas well. :)! He was one of the kids. Josh, Paige and our nephew Jordan played on the slide for like an hour.
After all the fun in the sun, we went home and took naps and got ready for the night. Then we went back to Tirsah's for a BBQ! It was delicious! After the BBQ we headed to the park in St. George to pick our spot to watch the fireworks. In the park they had some rides and Paige got very excited. So Josh bought some tickets and we let Paige ride the Swings. It was so fun watching her on this ride. She's never riden a ride like this before. I could tell she was having fun even though she was sitting so still, not sure what was going on around her. It was fun. Then we went back and sat with the rest of the family and played a few games and ate some snow cones, my fav!! (notice Josh and I's red tongues!) Right before the fireworks were about to begin Paige was getting super tired. Her normal bedtime is 9pm and here it was already 10pm. So she rested on dad for a little bit and was quite the wiggle worm, and then the fireworks began. I was curious to see how she would react this year, she just stared at them with awe last year and then fell asleep halfway through. This year she stared at them with the same expression, half scared/half this is cool. Then after the first few minutes she started to get real scared, but as long as she was sitting in her dads lap and his arms were around her, she was enjoying them. And by the end she was smiling and clapping and yelling with the crowd! I love the 4th of July! It's one of my favorite holidays! I am so thankful for our country and I'm so thankful for all of those that keep fighting for our freedom! Hope everyone had a Happy 4th of July!








7 comments:
Piage's little Buddha belly looks pretty cute in that swim suit! I'm glad she warmed up to the fireworks and you guys all had a fun time even if your plans were changed!
Fun! I love fireworks, but we didn't do any this year since it doesn't get dark enough to light them off until 11:30 pm and that's way too late for the kids. Looks like you had a nice time.
So glad you had a good 4th of july, you were definately missed here! I can't believe how long Paige's hair is, she's growing way too fast!
I just read teh comment on my blog and yes i did put alot more blonde highlights in my hair, i even redid more dark brown on the underside, i'm really loving the look and think i'm going to keep it for awhile, the only sucky part is the blonde stays in well except for when the roots grow out but the brown doesn't like to hold for very long it faded out in cpl months last time i did it. i went to hairdresser first time but this last time i just did it myself and it turned out pretty good so least won't be too expensive to keep up myself haha
Cute new header!! and i agree w/ Jenn, I can't believe how long Paige's hair has gotten!! Glad you had a good 4th, even though I would have had more fun in IDAHO!! HAHA!! Can't wait to see you this weekend :)
Amber, yay I am glad you found me :) Your 4th pictures are way cute. (you need to teach me how you put all your pictures together like that into a collage) Hey, I leave for San Diego this week, but when I get back lets get together ok :) Oh and don't worry about not saying goodbye at girls Camp, I totally understand the situation. Good luck on your closing/moving in date :) -val
Sounds like you guys had a fun 4th! We thought about going other places too, but thought for sure it would be kinda crazy everywhere!
Post a Comment