
Last weekend we got to drive up to Provo and celebrate Josh's Grandma's 95th Birthday! I can't believe she's almost lived to be 100 years old, and most people think she's gonna make it to 100. She is an amazing women and it was really fun to be able to be at her birthday party and hear stories about her and stories from her past. When Josh and I were engaged we went to her 90th birthday party and for her 90th she actually hike the "Y" in Provo. We weren't there for her actual hike, but it was all over in the Provo Tribune, or whatever there paper is called. So this year Josh's siblings were comming up with an activity for all of us to do and we decided to hike the "Y" and so as we go to the hike it became kind of ironic that we were doing this on their Grandma's 95th B-day. So as we were hiking and becoming exhausted we decided to deditcate this hike to Granny, if she could do it at 90 years old, I could surely do it now. I dunno if any of you have ever hiked the "Y", but it's not the easiest shorter hike out there. It's all uphill, that's broken up with I think we did 14-16 switchbacks. And me not being in the best shape of my life and pregnant I wasn't sure how it was gonna go. But Josh stayed by my side the WHOLE way and would even let me hold on to the stings of his backpack if I needed a little bit of a push to move along. So I wanna thank him for being my motivater and helping me the whole way! I love you Joshua!! Besides most of us having to take many breaks along the way, the breaks were very enjoyable because the view was just SO pretty! And just being with family makes it all the more fun. But the most rewarding part is when you finally make it to the top! And you can say "Hey I've sat on the "Y" before"! Then you enjoy a few minutes of fresh Utah air, then it's time to hurt your knees and climb all the way back down! To our suprise, on the way down we came across a Trantula. I've never seen one in the wild before and I mean creapy! Those things are nasty!!! But it was great to reach the bottom and sit in a nice cool car! A hike like that sure does help make you apprechiate the little things in life!
6 months ago






1 comments:
Josh's Grandma looks great. To what does she owe her long longevity?
Post a Comment