Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Friday, July 3, 2009

Girls Camp 2009

Last week I got the oppurtunity to go to Girls Camp with the Red Cliffs Stake. It was so much fun and a good experience being on the stake committee. I learned a lot and made a lot of new friends. Every single one of these women are amazing! On Tuesday the Stake Leaders (that's me) and the 5th years headed up to camp to get it set up and ready for the wards that would be arriving on Wednesday. Wednesday everyone arrived and we had some awesome workshops for the young women. The workshop I helped out with was a "Walk with Christ". And what we did is we blindfolded all the girls then as we listened to songs and things about Christ's life I helped go around and have the girls use there other sences like touch, smell, taste to feel things that represented Christ and his life. Examples: for his birth we put there hands in straw and had them feel a peice of rough cloth. And we talked about Christ's resurrection and when he asked for water they gave him vinager, and we put a little drop of vinegar in the girl's mouths', some were very suprised by that. And we had a crown of thorns the girls got to tough and other things. Then in the end, still blind folded, we stood them up and had them help a priesthood holder carry a beam, like the one Christ had to carry. It was a really touching workshop and I saw some girls who it had a deep inpact on and it was very spirtual. (I don't have any pics from the workshop, but below is some pics of the group I went up with and friends I made.)
The next night was "Skit Night." It is so crazy what some of these girls come up with, but it is SO much fun! Since us as a Stake didn't have a skit box we decided to put on commercials inbetween each wards skit. The commercials were hilarious and turned out so good. In the top row of pictures (below) is a Got Milk commercial. I thought Valerie did a great job playing the cookie monster that was loving her cookies so much, that when the radio announcer announced "who can be the next caller too..........will win a free tour around temple square." Valerie got so excited she called in with the answer, but because she was out of milk the announcer couldn't understand her, so she missed her chance to win. It was a good one. Another one that was my favorite was the "It's so easy a cave man can do it" Brother Hart played the Cave Man and did a fantisic job, it was hilarious! That was a really fun night!
Then Friday was the day of the Hikes!! Kristy and I were in charge of the first year's hike. We were both so nervous because we didn't know what we were doing. But on Thursday we did get a chance to map out the hike, so after that we felt better, afterall it was the easiest hike out of them all. We didn't know much about nature to teach a whole lot, but the hike still turned out great and we had a good time. At our lunch break I even created the "Catipillar Dance" if you ever wanna see it and you see me, you can just ask me what that is exactly. During the hike we had a few First Aid Challenges the girls had to come in on and use their first aid skills. At the beginning of our hike we ran into an injured hiker that had cut her arm open and couldn't get it to stop bleeding. With some persuation our 1st years stepped up to the challenge and helped our poor hiker out! Then at lunch Sister Flowers choked on her peanuts and the 1st years came to the rescue with the Hiemlach Manuver. Way to go 1st years! The hike was a lot of fun!

Then Friday night we had an awesome spiritual fireside, which the Stake Young Women Leader's did an awesome job with. And we got to break to our wards for Testimony Meeting around the campfire, that's always my favorite. After the testimony meeting it was 11pm and my young women's president in my ward was going home because she had to work the next morning. I didn't think she should go home alone, and since I was stressed with being ready to move (since we were supposed to close on the following monday) and Paige was home with an ear infection and I missed my family like crazy I decided to go home a night early with her. So funny not so funny story that some of you already heard and the lesson being never leave camp a day early.....lol jk I dunno. Anyway, we got home at like 1:30am and Josh wasn't expecting me and the whole drive home I called him like 5 times and texted him, but he never answered. So joking when we get home I tell Amy "great I'm probably gonna scare Josh since he doesn't know I'm comming" and she laugh's and replies "good thing he doesn't have a gun." And I just stop and say "shoot, he does, and he's probably gonna jump up and grab it too." So we laugh a little and I walk to the backyard and come in through the back (with my flashlight, wasn't thinking) Then I come inside and just as am telling Josh it's me, I hear him cock his gun. He was in the room about ready to take off his safety. I had him so shookin up. I felt so bad. So yes we now have a code and I learned not to wait to speak up, but to speak up the second I enter the house, if that ever happens again. But I'm so glad to be home and I want to thank my sister in-law Tirsah for watching Paige for us all day that week while Josh was at work! Your awesome and I bet Paige had a lot of fun with you and the boys!

8 comments:

Cory and Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cory and Karen said...

Fun! I always loved girl's camp, except for the part where you don't get to shower for 3 or 4 days. Good thing Josh didn't shoot you! I bet that was kind of scary.

squiresclan said...

That whole "amber the intruder story" cracks me up each time i read it! Least you know one thing for sure if anyone ever did break into your house josh will be on the ready and they won't get far! Glad you had such a good time at girls camp :)

Janet said...

Sounds like you had a good time. I'm sure the girls loved having you as their leader. And poor Josh. While that story is funny, I'm sure it's not that funny to him. Sounds like you have quite the protector. Good luck with the move.

Candice said...

Poor Josh. Poor Josh, if he had takent the safety off.

I LOVE GIRLS CAMP! It is my favorite extracurricular thing about the church.

It sound like you did a great job.

Lacy said...

Fun time! Showers feel the best after going without during a long camping trip. I don't know who to feel worse for, Josh for almost shooting you or you for almost getting shot!!! Good thing you have a new system so we don't have to worry about that happening again LOL!!!

Valerie said...

love the girls camp pic! Hey when we get together you need to bring your sd card so I can get the milk pictures of me....since I don't have any. Girls camp was awesome!

Linds said...

I love girls camp! The Walk With Christ sounded really cool! And I'm really glad your husband didn't shoot you... that it can be a funny story instead of a tragic one! :) Your heart must have jumped a mile when you heard that cock, and poor Josh! lol! wow